Okay. So I was clearly not a computer geek in another life (or this one). I am completely and utterly useless when it comes to technology. Which brings me to another confession:
This is the second time I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award and I’m just now figuring out how to respond to it. Sad, I know.
But big thanks to one of my favorite bloggers, Sex and the Cincy, for nominating me and assuming I’d be smart enough to figure it out.
First, to answer her ten questions:
- What is your most memorable or favorite blog piece you have written? Why? I’d have to say any of my posts involving Castro are my favorites. That guy is always giving good, albeit crazy advice, and I have fun sharing it. Even though sometimes his advice makes me want to punch him in the face.
- Who inspires you? I’m inspired by anyone who finds their passion and goes for it. At the moment, two of my friends, Matt and Valerie, have self-published their books on Amazon (The Benjamin Chronicles and RomCon) and they are a huge inspiration to me! It’s not easy to put yourself and your work out there.
- What is your favorite quote? Right now, it’s a quote from The Man, Bob Marley. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” (Of course, I imagine the words being said in a Jamaican accent.)
- How would you describe yourself in five words? I couldn’t. I’m an oxymoron so any word I choose, I’d have to also list the opposite. For example: I’m strong, but also vulnerable; scared, but also hopeful; sarcastic, but also sweet; loyal, but can also be crossed; a dreamer, but also a realist. You get the idea…
- If you could meet any blogger, who would it be? Cincy, not just because she nominated me, but also because she cracks me up! And we see eye-to-eye on a lot of topics. I’d love to have a drink and b*tch.
- If your blog was a food or dessert, what would it be? Hopefully chocolate. Delicious, but (with the right cocoa percentage) also good for you.
- What is your favorite love/romantic movie? I prefer old school movies like When Harry Met Sally or You’ve Got Mail. Sure, they’re not sexy, raunchy or full of slap-stick humor, but they have great dialogue and feel more like they’re about real people. For more modern films, I’ll go with Bridget Jones (talk about real life) and for some sexiness, The Holiday (great acting and Jude Law is yummy).
- What is your best and worst quality? If this were a job interview I’d say, “My best quality is that I work hard and my worst quality is that I work too hard.” For this award, I’ll say my best and worst quality is that I’m Italian. So I’m passionate about what and whom I love, but you won’t like me when I’m angry (hm… maybe the Hulk was Italian too).
- Where is your favorite place to write? In bed with a cup of coffee (Only Mariposa Coffee, please).
- What is your dream job? Being a published author. Fingers crossed, my novel should be out next year!
My Top Ten Nominees (in no particular order):
1. Pancakes and Prose A blog that’s honest, real and really funny! This blogger has also recently published a novel so kudos all around! Check it out here: RomCon
2. A Place For You And Me Mia’s writing is always beautiful and haunting at the same time. Her voice is unique, but her musings are universal.
3. Jim’s Studies on Love and Dating Whether you agree with him or not, you have to admit he’s funny! Of course, his advice reminds me a little bit of Castro so I might be biased…
4. A Woman’s Guide to Women I’m sure she has well over 100 followers, but since I couldn’t find an exact number, I’m going to nominate her anyway! That, and because she’s downright funny!
5. 43 and Single Okay, so now I’m just throwing all the rules out the window! 240 followers, but why not get a few more? Insightful and witty, this blogger’s posts are always a fun read!
6. Absence of Malice Once again, I have no idea how many followers Mike has, but maybe that’s due, in part, to my earlier confession of being computer illiterate. As always, I’m a sucker for hearing a guy’s opinion on love and life.. especially if it’s sincere.
7. The Reporter and The Girl Soooo I won’t even say how many followers this blog has (over 19,000- say what?!), but she’s coming out with a novel soon so I wanted to give a shout-out. If you haven’t checked out her blog, once you do, you’ll be hooked.
Well, clearly I’ve been cheating, but hey, cut me some slack! I’m still new to the blogosphere… if that’s even what we’re still calling it. I need to do some more research on brand new bloggers and then I will complete this post.
For now, here are my ten questions:
1. If you could be any character from any novel, who would it be?
2. If you could either do what you love for no money, or do what you hate for gobs of cash, which would you choose?
3. What is your biggest life regret (or do you have zero regrets)?
4. If you could say one thing to any ex from your past, what would it be?
5. What is one thing at the top of your bucket list?
6. Would you rather be famous or fly under the radar?
7. What’s the best piece of advice you were ever given?
8. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
9. How would you best describe your personal style?
10. If you could script your last words on earth, what would they be?
Now, in order to formally accept this award you must:
- Link back the person who nominated you (me!)
- Answer the 10 questions which were given to you by the nominator (above)
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them